Category Archives: Meeting Minutes

board meetings

2019 Annual Meeting

David Paul and Christy McKinney from Sentry attended the meeting.

Not at 51% quorum

Questions from community:

  • If swimming and boating is allowed?  Consensus was it is not allowed.
  • Can we have more street lights?  Yes, if we pay for them.  IPL may pay for more, but not sure.

For broken street lights, report outage to IPL using number on the light pole.

For pot holes or sidewalks, report to Mayor’s Action Center or MyRequestIndy app.

Indy Turf are the landscapers this year and they’re supposed to pick up trash from the lakes and common areas.

ASAP treats the water.

May 17-19 is Southern Dunes sales, so we will coordinate our sale with theirs.

Community dumpster will be delivered about May 20.

10/26/2017

Introductions
Whitley Yates from Omni introduced herself, filling in for Kerby.
Board members Kathie and Nick introduced themselves.
Other homeowners introduced themselves.
The board gained two new members.

Financials
$81534.10 operating balance
$22971.27 reserve

Over-budgeted a little on insurance.
Website needs to be included 2018 budget.
Need to budget for water and sewer.

Community Issues
Need to pick up trash around playground.  Need to enforce trash pickup around ponds.

Trimming around walking path was discussed.  Resident asked what trimming they were responsible for.  Whiltey mentioned the maps.indy.gov site can be used to see property lines.

Residents mentioned the playground is rusting and has jagged edges.  Maybe $10k – $20k or $3k to repaint and sanitize.

Burned house was brought up as an eyesore.  Luckily repairs to the house are finally underway.

Rental houses were mentioned as having issues like thefts.  We can pass a rental ban amendment.  It gives HOA the ability to evict residents.  Need about 75% of members entitled to vote (paying dues) to pass an amendment.

Satellite dishes were discussed.  Omni will check with lawyers on legality and cost of moving dishes.

Mayor’s Action Center and Request Indy App can be used to request the city fill in potholes or to report other issues.

7/14/2016

Board Members Attending

  • Craig from Omni
  • Kathie
  • Andrea
  • Brian
  • Nick
  • Michele – new board member

Pond Cleanup

  • Craig has asked maintenance to do more clean up on the ponds.

Erosion

  • Previous special assessment and erosion problem was discussed.
  • We still have water spilling over pathway.  Vendor gave us a quote for boring under path and putting in drainage.
    • Board has requested some additional quotes to compare.

Garage Sale

  • August 5 & 6

Violations

  • Mold on the side of the houses was discussed.  Notification about upcoming mold violation letters will go out with garage sale notice.
  • Parking issues were revisited.  We need to mark the curbs by mailboxes and by stop signs.
  • Two No Parking signs need to be replaced.

Budget

  • $1564.03 in Bad Debt Recovery (sued and finally paid up)
  • Bad Debt / Write-off – is estimated for dues that we assume we won’t collect

Board Nominations

  • Andrea resigned from the board.  We thank her for her service.
  • Michele Sanders was welcomed as a new member to the board.

5/20/2015

  • Stephanie King introduced Craig Giltz the new property manager.
  • The 2014 budget was discussed.
    • Admin fees overage was due to yard signs, mailings.
    • Management contract budgeted incorrectly by last property manager.
  • Board requested quotes for fence maintenance on the western side of the community.  Omni will get quotes.
  • The erosion issue around the ponds was discussed.
    • An update on the special assessment shows 54 homeowner haven’t paid of 225.
    • Need to compare what was collected to the quote.
  • Garage sale dates were decided to be July 10/11.
    • Sign will be posted.
    • Omni to research doing every door direct mailing as it may cheaper that letters.
  • Board requested repair of no swimming, no skating sign signs around lakes.